Saturday, December 5, 2009

Teens: what are your best skin beauty tips?

I just went through a really bad break out and even though it's clearing up nicely now, I'm curious to hear what other teens use on their face.


What products do you use and how frequently? What is your routine? Any home remedies like masks, scrubs etc?


What are your tips and how do you deal with pimples or other blemishes?Teens: what are your best skin beauty tips?
tips:


-find our what your skin type is if you don't already know


get into a good skincare routine:


-cleanse, i use neutrogena's oil free acne wash(do this twice daily)


-tone, i use the body shops soy toner(do this once daily)


-moisturize, i use neutregena's spf 15 moisturizer(do this twice daily)


-exfoliate, i use st.ives apricot scrub(do this twice weekly)


-mask, i us st.helenes mint julepe mask(do this once a week)





eat healthy foods!





skin loving foods:


-fish


-leafy greens


-fresh fruit





stay away from:


-caffeinated beverages


-foods with glucose





be active every day, studies show that active people have clearer skin then those who aren't.Teens: what are your best skin beauty tips?
You should cleanse, tone and moisturise.


Use a facial cleanser that is oil free and meant for break out prone skin at least twice a day.


Follow it up with a toning solution that is alcohol free.


End your routine with a grease free moisturiser or sunscreen


Nivea has an effective cleanser, toner and sunscreen range available, so does proactiv.


Apart from this basic hygiene, splash your face with cold water every now and then.


If break outs persist, use a benzoyl peroxide gel over the affected areas. You can get several varieties of this gel at your local drugstore.


I had pimples when I was 12. Now I'm almost break out free as I follow this routine. Good luck with yours:)


EDIT: ABSTAIN from facial scrubs if you have pimply skin: scrubbing only aggravates the acne. Refrain from using any face masks unless they contain glycolic acid, the others are useless.
well my routine is...


in the morning when I take my shower, i use face cloths


( neutrogena oil free wash face cloths)


I do that because thats when my pores are really open from all the


steam from the shower and all.


I put very little mosturizer (dove) because my face gets dry and itchy like and i don't like the feeling and plus my face gets oily during the day.


At night, I use clean and clear deep action exfoliating face scrub. That really works. I don't put on mosturizer because i want to dry out the pimples during the night. And when i wake up my pimples are smaller.


Thats my routine. I still have pimples because i break out a lot on my forehead and chin.





Anyways, I hope I helped a little bit.
i use dove face wash.


only once a day - they only tell you to wash your face twice a day so that you'll use more product. twice a day is very drying


exfoliate once a week, makes your face so soft.





the best way to wash you're face is to fill your sink with hot water (not too hot! don't burn yourself)


if you have time, lean your face over the water and cover you and the sink with a towel. this helps keep the steam on your skin which opens your pores.


wash your face with face soap. you want to rub it gently on your face and continue to use only the water in the skin. not fresh water.


this is important because their are natural oils that protect your skin that the soap does not dissolve. so using the soapy water will help replenish those oils and stop drying and break outs.


remember to splash you're face with cold water to close up your pores :)
I wash my face alot. either with water or i use a face wash.





but if i do get a pimple, i use stridex.





it works for me..but the thing is i pop my pimples..and then put the stridex over it, and then it usually goes away..





:/ thats what i do though..





i don't think alot of other people do that. yes yes i know its bad to pop them but i just do. sorrryy





i usually use tooth paste also.





like if i just popped it, then i would put like toothpaste on it.
NEVER pop pimples


Toothpaste (DO NOT USE THE GEL KIND) does get rid of on the spot pimples.


Never touch your face with your hands unless you recently washed them.


Try to keep your hair out of your face


Never use alcohol to wash your face. It dries out your skin, which causes your skin to become oilier, hence more pimples.


Drink LOTS of water.








Proactive is good to use!
i drink green tea everyday, and i dont eat wheat. i also dont eat much junk food. i use skin id, but i dont think it works. i also use clearpores. oh and i use those oil blotting sheets.
I actually use honey as a facemask. I do it once a week, and just leave it on for 5 minutes and then wash it off. It sounds gross, but it makes my skin feel and look really good.
I always use a face lotion . . . regular lotion seems to clog my pores. make sure you wash your face every night and the best thing I've found to use is St. Ives Apricot Scrub its pretty awesome
Wash your face every night, no matter how tired you are.


Keep it moisturized, but not oily.


Only wear face make up when needed.
I dont use any products but..





DONT pop your pimples. Lol





i only got one scar from doing that





I pledged to not pop any pimples xD
I have clearasil pimple spot cream stuff that works really well, along with Clean and Clear Morning Burst face wash stuff, IT WORKS
i pop them lol ftw. it's so bad yet so satisfying. and scarring:/. idk, i just wash my face a lot. toothpaste overnight, etc etc etc.
I LETA EGG STAY ON MY FACE LIKE A MASK UNTIL IT GET HARD THEN PILL IT OFF! ITS AWESOME!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
skin infection